Unaffiliated voters will receive a voting packet with both a Democratic and a Republican ballot in it. However, they may vote only one ballot, or both will be thrown out. Everyone who is affiliated will receive only the ballot for the party she or he is registered for.
All La Plata County Democrats, please participate to the extent possible. This is the year for a sea change – we can’t tolerate the votes cast by Scott Tipton any longer.
- January 8th, 2018 (Monday) - Last day to affiliate as either a Democrat or Republican to participate in the March 6th precinct caucuses, which is the first step towards deciding which candidates make it to the primary ballot.
- February 5th, 2018 (Monday) - Last day to update voter registration to correct address. Also last day for state parties to file or amend rules and bylaws with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- March 5th, 2018 (Monday) - Check voter registration in case precinct was redrawn (deadline is Feb. 5th).
- March 6th, 2018 (Tuesday) - Democratic and Republican Precinct Caucuses. (Check with respective county party on times and places.)
- By March 31st, 2018 (Saturday) - LAST day to hold County Assemblies. (Check with respective county party on times and places.)
- April 14th, 2018 (Saturday) - State Assemblies, each for the Colorado Democratic Party and the Colorado Republican Party.
- January 16th, 2018 (Tuesday) - Petitions circulate to get on primary ballot.
- March 20th, 2018 (Tuesday) - Petitions due by 5pm.
- June 4th, 2018 (Monday) - First day primary ballots can be mailed out to voters.
- June 26th, 2018 (Tuesday) - Day of primary. Vote in-person or drop off ballot at designated location by 7pm that day.
- October 15th, 2018 (Monday) - First day General Election ballots can be mailed out.
- October 29th, 2018 (Monday) - Last day to register to vote to receive a mail ballot.
- November 6th, 2018 (Tuesday) - General Election. Vote in-person or drop off ballot at designated location by 7pm that day.